Friday, December 28, 2007

German 3/4/5

I think this class is going to be a good chance to really try some of my perfect classroom things out.

Here are some more things in my mind...
*Get speakers in from the community who are native German or speak German fluently. One per week would be fantastic (But would I have time for it? It would be authentic, but would it allow time for the curriculum?). Some of these could be exchange students. (I'll have three plus the Russian who speaks German.) This would be beneficial for myself as well as the students.

*Take the skills from each of the levels and put them into a shared thematic curriculum... differentiate by skills necessary.

*Formative assessment and authentic activities: Checklists, kid watching... dialogue journals and recorded dialogues and authentic texts.

*Have another go at the centers... just not as often and perhaps with more choice

*Critical friends? I like how Jamin and Jess use them. I need to be sure to model the appropriate behavior for them.

*Plenty of respectful community time so it doesn't fall apart. (This will be key as the semester progresses if this big class is going to make it.)

Yikes... I'm feeling like I should plan it all out right now while I'm feeling motivated... then again, perhaps I'm only feeling motivated because I should be cleaning my house and buying groceries for my upcoming full house.

Okay. Off to cleaning and shopping... life happens and at least I got some thoughts down.

No comments: