Monday, January 7, 2008

Fidelity (and a check-in with K. 11)

Fidelity is something that has been on my mind lately. I find these fantastic ideas and resources and do/use them... and then never touch them again. If I find something that is wonderful, I should keep it and continue using it with fidelity. Stick with it. If it's good for kids, it's good for kids. Period.
then again... since there are so many wonderful things that can be done out there, perhaps it's best for some of them to be treated more like another "trick" that I have in my "bag". And really split up the goodness between everything that we do during the year. That's a thought as well.

Quick check in with K. 11:
I did a bit of the front loading needed with the kids about why doing the chapter in this format... although many of them were dazey... so I got those questions afterward. I feel sometimes like I've permanently lost an entire half of the room. In all actuality, it's probably 4-5 kids... but it break-a-mah-heart. Ah well.
So a few questions about "So... what are we supposed to be doing?" and then many dove right into workbook work. A few did the birthday card. The quizzes don't "open" until Wednesday... I wonder if they will be caught off guard with the amount of preparation they needed to do for the quizzes... I guess we'll see. Tomorrow should be interesting: our first round-table and our first study group. let's see if anyone takes advantage of it.

No comments: