Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shouldn't it be easier?

Have you ever had that feeling that you're just fully missing something? That you've been working just too much and there is that sinking feeling that somewhere out there... someone has already figured out exactly what you're struggling with? In fact, maybe a TON of people have already figured out how to deal... how to do it and how to do it well (and easily).

Hmph.

That's my fear.

I started playing around with my Moodle again a bit tonight... added one assignment... and then realized that some of the differentiation I need for my 3/4/5 class can be used right there within Moodle... just create the different class... share some assignments... and create some new and different when they need to be! It *should* be that easy, right?

But then the realist set in.


Even if it IS that easy (which it almost never is because doing something new for an extended amount of time seems to be out of the realm of possibility in my world... but I digress...), my students will never get enough time to be on the computers to actually utilize it!


Ugh.


So do I give up?
Or do I trod on?


I think I'll go to sleep for now. Figure out the plausibility on Monday.

But before I hit the sack, a quick thought I want to get down.
Thematic teaching: Yes.
First 1/3: Ich
Second 1/3: Die Welt
Third 1/3: Meine andere Kurse

Focusing in each on the skills necessary for them to move novice/intermediate/advanced... with the use of the linguafolio(?) and snapshots of learning...vocabulary built in as needed.