Monday, March 17, 2008

Reflections

Funny how things can sometimes just come together.
I was worried that today wouldn't go well because I would be predisposed with other worries... and although I almost broke down three times this morning in tears, I didn't. I did end up crying at the end of 3rd hour... but thankfully it was at least some of my super caring students there and not the entire class.

Things in each of the classes went well, and I seem to have a game plan for the next couple weeks. I don't feel like I'm just shooting in the dark at any rate. That's good. I did the lunch tray thing with my German 2's again... it is such a great activity... a great way to get some meaningful preliminary vocabulary and I'm always glad when I do it.

Another "upper": last Friday I met RJ's "foreign exchange student". Today she told me that he said that I had really good pronunciation and that I had really good German. He feared that I would have some terrible American accent, but was impressed. This was a definite high for me because the last I've dealt with a German speaking about me was someone who I never even spoke with but (since he's from the Ruhrgebiet) said he couldn't understand me. Ah well. It's good to be reminded of the good things.

No comments: