Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Showcase et. al.

Last night we had our speech showcase. Students were put into different "rounds" (with verschiedene types in every round so parents could "taste" a bit of everything). It was great. The kids did a fantastic job and the parents were, #1: proud and #2: thankful to be able to see the great talent that our kids have.
Our principal was even there and ended up staying past just the introduction because a student asked her to watch. She liked it so much that she stayed for the second round! She thought our kids did such fantastic work and really was impressed. That is awesome. Of course they dofantastic work and everyone should be impressed, but it's great to have people notice. I'm so proud... and so glad we did it.

We did it!

On another quick note, today I got a little verklempt as I looked up at the kids in my room after school and realized it would be the last Wednesday I get to spend with them "talking politics" and really just enjoying that thing we call speech. They are such fantastic kids and I am really, really going to miss them. Really.

No comments: